Every month, the NBA chooses one player from across the league for the NBA Cares Community Assist Award presented by Kaiser Permanente. The award honors the NBA player who best reflects the passion that the league and its players have for giving back to their communities. This player is recognized for his outstanding efforts in the community and for his ongoing philanthropic and charitable work!
- Offseason 2017: DeMarcus Cousins, New Orleans Pelicans
- October 2017: JJ Barea, Dallas Mavericks
- November 2017: Ricky Rubio, Utah Jazz
- December 2017: LeBron James, Cleveland Cavaliers
- January 2018: Kevin Durant, Golden State Warriors
- February 2018: CJ McCollum, Portland Trail Blazers
- March 2018: Dwyane Wade, Miami Heat
- Seasonlong Winner: Kevin Durant, Golden State Warriors
To view past winners of the award, click here.