Every month, the NBA chooses one player from across the league for the NBA Cares Community Assist Award presented by Kaiser Permanente. The award honors the NBA player who best reflects the passion that the league and its players have for giving back to their communities. This player is recognized for his outstanding efforts in the community and for his ongoing philanthropic and charitable work!
- October 2016: Tobias Harris, Detroit Pistons
- November 2016: C.J. McCollum, Portland Trailblazers
- December 2016: Isaiah Thomas, Boston Celtics
- January 2017: Zach Randolph, Memphis Grizzlies
- February 2017: Elfrid Payton, Orlando Magic
- March 2017: Jrue Holiday, New Orleans Pelicans
- April 2017: Jimmy Butler, Chicago Bulls
- Seasonlong Winner: Isaiah Thomas, Boston Celtics
To view past winners of the award, click here.